Monday, September 14, 2009

Weight Loss Progress: 166/168

 
My weigh-in this morning was 166 lbs, which puts me 2 lbs under my goal weight (for this week) of 168 lbs.

These past two weeks I have been losing weight at a rate of 1.5 lbs per week.  This is about as fast a rate as I dare go.  A rate of 2 lbs (or more) per week would probably mean that I haven't been eating enough.  1000-1200 Calories is the recommended minimum amount you need to consume each day.

I try to go to the gym several times per week.  Luckily I have a YMCA right down my street, so I have no excuse not to go.  I typically go there around 9 o'clock in the evening, and workout for an hour.  I've been using the stair-stepper for 30 minutes (my preferred machine, because I can read while I'm using it), then doing push-ups and crunches, and when time allows (the gym closes at 10 o'clock) pumping some iron.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Matt! I am a little nervous that we are close in weight given that you are about 2 feet taller than me.

    Just wanted to welcome you to the blogosphere say hello from one blogger cousin to another (but mine is sometimes NWS -- beware).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome. My tentative plan is to write one post per day, but so far I haven't come anywhere close to achieving that goal. Weight loss turns out to be a lot easier. Who would have figured?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is not good for weight loss, so it's just as well.

    you should try microblogging (twitter)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a twitter account, but I don't use it much. The signal-to-noise ratio is a little too low for my taste. My twitter handle is the same as the name of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back tweeting again, Jess, so you can follow me if you like (alhough my posts are likely to be computer-related).

    ReplyDelete