Monday, September 28, 2009

Weight Loss Progress: 162.5 / 166

My weight this week was 162.5 lbs (73.7 kg).  My original target was 166 lbs (75.3 kg), but I’ve been losing weight faster than I had originally planned.

Weight_Loss_20090928 

Last week I weighed 165 lbs (74.8 kg), so my unofficial goal for this week was really 164 lbs (74.4 kg).  I’m happy, since I am meeting my weight loss targets, but I think losing 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg) in a single week is a little too much.

I had weighed myself last Sunday morning, and the reading was 164.5 lbs (74.6 kg).  My wife and I went out for dinner that night, and it’s possible I ate something that had salt, so I retained water and that threw off the measurement last Monday.  Water weighs 8.3 lbs per gallon (about 1 kg per liter), so just a single cup (8 oz) of water would account for the 0.5 lb (0.2 kg).  (This kind of fluctuation is the reason why you should only weigh yourself once a week.)  So maybe I really only lost only 2 lbs (0.9 kg) this week.  But still, that’s too fast.

I estimated that meeting my ultimate weight loss goal would take about 4 months, and planned to give up non-essential food items for that time.  But maybe I don’t have to be so abstemious.  Tonight, I’ll have a bowl of ice cream or something…

My BMI is 22.  That’s considered normal.

I have been going to the gym most days of the week, but this week I only had time for cardio.  In order to pump iron too, I’ll have to manage my time better, budgeting at least 1 hour at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment