Thursday, November 11, 2010

12 lbs in 12 weeks (Week 10)

Another good week: I lost 1/2 lb, which brings me to 1/2 lb under my target weight of 161 lbs.

weight_loss_20101109

Note that I consider any week in which I lose weight a “good” week.  Yes, it’s “only” 1/2 lbs, but as long as the trend is downward, then it doesn’t matter much how much weight you actually lose, as long as you’re losing weight.  Take the 1/2 lb and be happy, because you’re still guaranteed to reach your target.  (Yes, you might not reach your target as quickly as you would have liked, but so what.  In a few weeks you’re not going to remember that it took you 13 weeks instead of 12 weeks to reach your goal.)

The weight training is going well too.  I managed 26-27 push-ups, and now use 55 lbs as my base weight for the bench press.  I also have been making progress on the overhead press: I was able to do a few reps of 45 lbs, which is incredible to me, since I’ve been stuck at 30 lbs max for what seems like forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment