Monday, October 25, 2010

12 lbs in 12 weeks (Week 8)

My weight is following a kind of see-saw pattern, it seems.  This week I weighed-in at 163 lbs, which matches my goal weight:

weight_loss_20101025

I wish my weight loss followed a more smooth pattern, but the trend is downward so I’m not really complaining.  As I learned in music school, you have to trust the process: if you have a procedure for reaching some goal, then just follow the process, until you reach your goal.  Either the process works, or it doesn’t.

I am at my goal weight (well, I think I am) so I need to be careful about my eating habits.  If I were under my goal weight then maybe I could cheat a bit about eathing, but that’s not the case now (unlike, say, a month ago), so I need to be very diligent.  I think that’s the hardest part about dieting.  So much temptation!

On the exercise front, I’m just shy of being able to do 25 push-ups: this week I did 23-24 each time I went to the gym.  I’ve been playing around with some of the other machines (they say novelty is good, when weight training), and I added tricep-curls to my strength-training regimen.   I boosted my overhead press too by 5 lbs, and I can now do 25-30 lbs comfortably.  For some reason that exercise is difficult for me, and I’ve been stuck at around 30 lbs forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment