Saturday, October 23, 2010

12 lbs in 12 weeks (Week 7)

I actually had a bad weigh-in this week: my weight climbed back up to 165 lbs, which is 1 lb over my goal weight of 164 lbs:

weight_loss_20101018

My college reunion took place last weekend, and there was the usual eating and drinking, so perhaps that threw off the weigh-in value this week.  (I like think so, anyway.)

The problem is that there appears to be wide swings in my weight.  I can understand swings of 1/2 lb or perhaps 1 lb, but 2 1/2 lbs seems excessive.  I simply don’t know what my weight is, which means it’s hard for me to correct my life-style habits.  (I determine what is an appropriate amount of food to consume in a negative way: if I'm not losing weight, then it means I'm eating too much.  The problem is that I don't know whether I'm losing weight.)

We’'ll have to see what the story is on my next weigh-in.  If my weight drops back down to my goal value then I’ll consider this week’s weigh-in value as spurious.  Otherwise, it would mean my weight-loss plan isn’t working, and I’ll have to make some adjustments.

The good news is that I’ve been going to the gym, and have made progress on my weight training.  I can comfortably bench-press 60 lbs, and I was able to do around 21-22 push-ups every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment