Monday, September 27, 2010

12 lbs in 12 weeks (Week 4)

As suspected, my weigh-in last week undervalued my actual weight, so today the scale is telling me that my weight is 166.5 lbs.

weight_loss_20100927

I’m still meeting my target goals (167 lbs was my target for this week), so no big deal.  As long as my weight is trending down, then I’m happy.

I know I can do better about eating.  I have observed myself eating while knowing that my body has told me that I’ve already had enough to eat.  I need to manage my portions better.

I have been going to the gym regularly, and so my strength-training is yielding improvements.  I can now do 16-17 push-ups.  I had given myself a goal of adding 1 push-up per week, but so far I’ve been improving at a rate of about 2 per week.  I can bench press about 50 lbs.

It’s funny, because in the past the number of push-ups I was able to perform stayed constant (something like 10 total).  I could never figure how to boost that number.  This time around I’ve been doing bench- and military-presses regularly, and doing push-ups every single day, and that combination seems to have been the key.

For this week (well, for every week!), I’m going to have to be very disciplined about my eating, since I’m only slightly below my weight-loss target.  I’ve been doing exercise regularly, so the critical adjustment I need to make in my life-style in order to lose weight is to consume less food.

No comments:

Post a Comment